?

MURFREESBORO, TN (WSMV) - A Murfreesboro woman was killed after a grease fire in her Lamar Road home over the weekend.

The woman was badly burned trying to keep the grease fire from spreading.

Firefighters said cooking is the leading cause of house fires.

There are a few things you can do if a fire starts in the kitchen while you’re cooking.

“If you do get a small fire of grease, get a lid over the top of it, leave it, turn the stove off and let it cool down,” said Fire Investigator Matthew Lupo. “If it’s an oven, do the same thing, leave the door closed, turn the oven off and leave it be.”

Firefighters also said you should stay in the kitchen whenever you’re cooking.

?
?
?

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.